We take our commitment to your health concerns and healing seriously, this is why when you decide to come to the Natural Medicine Institute you can expect the highest level of clinical care and services. Dr. Podlaski, with 35 plus years of experience and expertise understands that when most patients come to our office, they are often frustrated and may have been to many other doctors with very little to no answers, resolution or real correction of their health problems. Patients from around the United States and overseas seek our facility out to find the answers to the underlying causes of their health challenges. Together we will work with you to find the answers and deliver a customized personal clinical roadmap back to optimized health.*
Dr. Podlaski is mainly concerned with 2 things:
- What has been going on with your health challenges
- How he can best help you
Our wellness philosophy involves balancing a number of body systems.
- Your hormonal system which produces your sex, stress, thyroid hormones.
- Your digestive system which breaks down food for use and absorption by the body.
- Your detoxification system protects you from free radicals and chemical toxicity, both from your environment and from your diet.
- Your nervous system including your brain, spine and neurotransmitters.
Current research shows that virtually every health issue can be traced back to a problem within one or more of these body systems.
Through specific targeted functional medicine lab testing that you often can do in the privacy of your own home for each of these systems, Dr. Podlaski is able to assess how each system is working, where deficiencies or imbalances may exist, and design an individualized, personal program to re-balance your body on a path back to health.
“My 35 plus years of experience shows that with a patient’s commitment to an individualized diet/lifestyle plan, a scientifically based whole food supplement program, stress reduction techniques and exercise, a person’s health and wellbeing can improve dramatically – not only physically, but emotionally as well. With an ongoing wellness supportive plan many health problems can be avoided, such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity and female hormone imbalances. I love working with my patients to find what is interfering with their ability to express their full health potential. We work together as a team and once identified, I help them with a corrective plan so they can regain their health.”
Dr. Podlaski offers the following services to support each patient’s path back to health and wellness:
- Laboratory-based functional medicine assessments
- Nutrition and Clinical Pharmaceutical grade whole food-based grade supplementation programs
- Diet, Exercise, Fitness and Lifestyle counseling, including weight loss, stress reduction, bio-detoxification/cleanse and hormone balancing programs
- Office visits for various therapies
- Neuro Emotional Technique for dealing with unresolved emotional related issues
- Metabolic and Nutritional assessment
How does an initial examination/evaluation work?
The Natural Medicine Institute works with patients primarily based on the results of the metabolic, nutritional and lab test results we order for you to have done that are all part of your initial examination. The various types of lab tests Dr. Podlaski utilizes are blood, stool, saliva and urine samples. Dr. Podlaski bases his personalized health programs on functional medicine lab tests that assess the function of several body systems including, hormones, neurotransmitters, digestion and detoxification.
During your initial examination, we will review in detail your personal and family health history, perform and extensive physical, metabolic and nutritional assessment and make recommendations for the lab tests that are appropriate for your specific health issues.
We will then schedule you for a follow up Report of Findings visit, usually with 2 weeks of your initial examination. We encourage you to bring your spouse, significant other, friend or relative with you to this visit. During this visit we will have a written report for you, which is usually 20-25 pages on average, including copies of any lab tests, and a functional nutrition assessment based on your completed blood work tests. We will explain the meaning of your test results to you in relation to your health concerns, we encourage you to ask questions and Dr. Podlaski will make recommendations for treatment if he feels that he can help you. Finally, he will create an individualized personal health recovery program for you which may include one or more of the following recommendations:
Whole food based nutritional supplements
Neuro Emotional Technique Therapy
Subsequent follow up visits are scheduled to monitor your progress and to modify your program as you improve.
What is the fee for an initial examination/evaluation?
The fee for your initial new patient examination is $ 299
This initial examination can take up to one and a half to two hours with the doctor and is very in depth with a health history, lifestyle, physical, metabolic and nutritional evaluation and assessment to determine what are the underlying root causes to your health challenges
New Patient Comprehensive Examination: 1 ½ -2 hours: $ 299
Acupuncture Examination including AcuGraph 5 evaluation: $ 150
Chiropractic Examination: $150
Follow Up Report of Findings Consultation: 30 minutes-$100.00 (additional time @ $50 per 15 minutes)
Follow up office visits: Based on the amount of time spent with Dr. Podlaski at $50 per 15 minutes
Based on clinical findings, corrective programs may be recommended. Our programs can include clinical treatments, therapies, coaching, nutrition, as well as, our biweekly Wellness Education Lecture Series which includes power point presentations, videos, lifestyle guides, questionnaires and more.
- Payment is due at time of Examination or office visit
- Methods of payment are: Check, Cash, Visa, MasterCard or American Express, Discover or HSA accounts that are attached to a major credit card.
- For more information, please see our Fees in the download paperwork
Do You Accept My Insurance or Medicare?
We are a cash-based practice and since our wellness care services and treatments fall under the category of preventive wellness the services we provide are not covered by Medicare or insurance.
What Do I Need to Do to Get Started?
- Call our office at 801.0021to schedule a consultation.
- Print and complete the new patient paperwork
- Alternatively, you can pick them up at our office before your scheduled examination. Be sure to make this request when you schedule your initial appointment.